Brotherhood of the World Award | Voyager Joins the Battle
Oh. Well, okay then.
…Well, I now have another excuse to use it, so…
So apparently I was nominated for an award thingy by EvilBob? I mean… I’m grateful and all but somehow it feels a bit off being nominated for this by someone I literally work with on a regular basis. Seems to kinda defeat the purpose of the thing. whisper whisper. Hm? whisper whisper. It’s just supposed to be a fun activity? It doesn’t really matter? whisper whisper whisper. Oh. Whoops. Okay. Let’s try this again. Ahem.
Mwahahaha! At last, my awesomeness has been recognized! Now bow before me, knaves! For I have surpassed the realms of a simple blogger and become something legendary! With this newfound influence, I will lay waste to all who stand before me and-! whisper whisper. What now? whisper whisper. Too much? whisper whisper. Just do the blasted tag? …’kay.
Let’s see, here. So the rules say to… ah. Well, okay then. Here ya go.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions sent to you.
- Nominate around 10 bloggers (Eh. Bob did 4. 6 should be fine. Plus Ultra, or something.)
- Create your own set of questions for your nominees and display the rules.
1. Who is your favorite shonen protagonist? And why? (Chris, you can’t skip this one)
…Cute. Whatever. It’s not like I watch a ton of Shonen or anything. But in all seriousness, I could probably count the number of them I actually really like on one hand. Which isn’t to say I don’t like the genre or think it’s bad. More like, there’s so much of it out there, and a lot of it isn’t really worth paying attention to. It’s either derivative in the extreme or doesn’t “get” what makes Shonen… well… Shonen.
The stock answer would probably be something like Goku, Naruto, Luffy, or Ichigo, right? But of those four franchises, the only one I really care about is Dragon Ball. And while Goku is great, he’s nowhere near “favorite protagonist” great. Which isn’t to say the others are bad (well… I’m not a fan of Bleach, but that’s mostly an anime problem, from what I’ve gathered). I’m sure most are going to expect me to say Deku. Which would be the easy answer because of how relatable he is. But anyone who knows me knows I don’t actually care how relatable characters are. And is well aware that my favorite part of My Hero Academia isn’t actually Deku, so much as it is the full ensemble (minus a few components I could do without).
All this to say something along the lines of “You didn’t say in the rules that I couldn’t skip this question, so F–k You, I’m skipping it because I have no answer.”
2. If you could live in any anime world which would you choose? And if you wouldn’t choose why not?
Oh. This golden oldie that anyone and everyone attached to the anime community has, at some point, asked or been asked, themselves. All right. Pokemon.
3. Okay, this one is very important. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Don’t care, as long as they stay in YouTube videos where I don’t have to deal with them. They’re adorable to watch, either way.
4. Do you play video games? If you do what genre is your favorite?
…You know, I could skip this because we literally have an entire section dedicated to gaming on the site. But I’ll humor you for the good people reading from home. “Yes” and “RPGs, though mostly JRPGs.” Yes, my favorite videogame is Pokemon, but that’s largely for sentimental reasons. My favorite game right after that is Tales of Symphonia. Actually, Tales is my favorite franchise after Pokemon, in general. I know, I know. “Whaaat? You mean your favorite game isn’t Overwatch?” Yeah. Go figure.
5. And finally what inspired you to write?
Pokemon. Grew up with it. Inspired my love of big adventure stories as a kid. Further reinforced by Avatar: The Last Airbender, which was also a big adventure, but with stakes. Though I suppose those are what inspired my love of stories, in general. That and comic books. The actual writing part was sixth grade. I met a kid who liked to write stories and it got me interested in trying it out. One of our assignments was to write this short story, and I got the highest grade in the class on it. And got a lot of complimentary remarks from the teacher. Just goes to show that the best way to motivate me to do anything is to give my ego a boost. But yeah. S’about it. Nothing so profound as I’m sure many others would have as their reasons. I liked being told there was something I was good at. So I kept doing it. And given that sixth grade was quite possibly the worst year of my life, it’s nice that at least something good came out of it.
…But… there are so many cool people. How in the world am I supposed to-? *looks through the long list of follows and rolls a d20* Well, there we go. Sorry in advance if anyone here’s already been nominated for this before. But, uh… hey! It just means you’re worth it! Yeah! That’s it! Toootally what I was going for. Right. I definitely know what I’m doing. Ahem.
Inquiring Minds Want To Know
Right, then. I suppose that makes it my turn…
Oh. Feel free to skip any of these.
- What’s your favorite kind of post you write/make on your site? Be it episodic reviews, editorial pieces, videos, etc. Why? Is it the same as what you like to read/watch/listen to from other bloggers? Or does personally writing it make the difference?
- What are your priorities when deciding what to watch/drop? Having Fun? Catching The Feels? Being Surprised? Intellectual Challenges? etc.
- Here’s one just for giggles. If you could reimagine any anime you love into a completely different genre, what would it be and what genre would you swap it to?
- Soda, Pop, or Coke? And what’s your favorite kind, if any?
- Five anime characters for your ideal anime friend group. Go!
And I guess that’s it for me. Thanks for reading, as always. And thanks for nominating EvilBob so he could, for whatever reason, feel obligated to get me involved.
Keep up the awesome!